Tax on your pension

Your monthly pension payments are treated as income and are subject to Pay As You Earn (PAYE) income tax.

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) tells both you and the Pensions Office the tax code which applies for the new tax year. The Pensions Office can only accept tax code changes directly from HMRC. Your new tax code reflects your circumstances in the coming tax year. It can be different from the one shown on your P60, because your P60 is for the previous tax year.

If you have a question about your tax, please contact:

HM Revenue and Customs
Centre 1
East Kilbride
G79 1AA

Phone: 0300 200 3300

Please tell HMRC your National Insurance number and the Scheme Reference number which is 961/084181X.

Your session will expire in xx.xx. Do you wish to Continue or Log Out
Your session will expire in xx.xx
Continue or Log Out